Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pregnancy joys and pains

I take it back. We don't have a name still. The last name we 'decided' on is now scrapped from our minds. It initially sounded really cute and precious but it reminded us of something else unworthy of calling our firstborn. So now we're open again to ideas and suggestions. I must say, hubby is leaning towards two specific names already. But, I know with 4 months to go, he will change his mind a thousand times still.

Anyways, I just hit my 22nd week today. I woke up to a horrible leg cramp that has me limping a bit now. I've been having cramps about every two days since I started my second trimester. It's not really nice to start my days with pains but I guess it's sort of my fault because I haven't really been exercising enough, eating my bananas, or sleeping on my left side properly (I still sleep partly on my stomach).

Also, last night, I chipped my right front tooth, just from biting a little bit too hard on my fork. So now I have this tiny crater on the corner of poor tooth. Hubby says it's not too obvious but it does bother me because I could feel the rough edges of the crater with my tongue. This one I blame on myself as well. The only form of calcium intake I get, other than my pre-natal vitamin, is from the milk that I drown my cereal in. And although I eat cereal about 5 mornings a week, I know it's not going to be enough if I have to share most of it with my little belly resident. So, I'm promising myself (starting last night) that I'm downing a big glass of milk (that, I have to mention, is supplied to me by a friend for free!) every night before I sleep. Hopefully it'll help my constipation, which I'm going to avoid ranting about here, as well.

Still, my joys about having this baby far exceed these so-called pains. My baby moving like a martial arts professional in my belly is such a beautiful experience! Never mind that he kicks me real hard while I'm at work, I love every single of it. And I'm so happy that hubby can finally feel his movements now. He's a little jealous that baby and I get to bond so much even before the birth. Haha!

I'm also loving this growing belly of mine, which has started looking like a big bowling ball. And I don't mind at all that it's growing at a really fast pace now because it has been pulling my love handles into my belly center and I feel so much curvier in the right places!

Oh I could think of more but right now, my stomach's growling from hunger already and I have to get off the internet for now Thank goodness the rice cooked just in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment