Sunday, August 21, 2011

2nd night.

So yeah, I did survive the first night without the hubby by my side. I woke up really early today and the first thing I did was check my facebook. Lo and behold, my Tepen sent me a message! Which is surprising for 2 reasons. First, he's not really into facebook messaging unless it's initiated by me, he's more of a phonecall/skype guy. Second, he rarely wakes up early on weekends! Non-work days mean sleeping in until noon for him. So I got on skype and video-called him right away. And, may I just say that skype is really an awesome thing. The new version allows a sleeker pop-out screen. Which is indeed looove.


There's my baby love, on his bed like always. *sigh* This actually reminds me of those old days when we were still on LDR (long-distance relationship for those not in the know). Back when I was still in the Philippines, we would count months before we could see each other again. Then, after we got married, he got deployed for six agonizing months! He missed Christmas, New Year, and of course our first anniversary. The first 2 months of that deployment I actually spent crying in bed. It wasn't just because we were apart (LDR nga kami diba?), but it was the fact that even with a few friends, I was still by myself in a foreign country! Never having lived on my own before we got married (I lived with either my parents, my sister, or an aunt), I was scared to fend for myself. So just imagine how I freaked out when on Christmas eve, our garage door broke just when I got my car in. Luckily, the housing office was still able to get someone to fix it even on a holiday before it fell on my car or someone.

I'm very much thankful that hubby forced me to be friends with his coworker's wife, who was also going to be by herself for the first time. She even ended up being one of my closest friends ever. It was much less excruciating to go through the rest of the deployment knowing I wasn't alone in misery. With that said, I'm hoping that the next two months will be much more smooth-sailing now that I'm armed with  experience. Hoping is the key word here. Heehee.

1 comment:

  1. hello po...kamusta po kayo dyan sa japan?nakakarelate lang kasi ako sa mga blog mo...LDR din kami ng bf ko..navy din sya naka base din sya sa japan....

    ReplyDelete