Sunday, July 24, 2011

Even the wealthiest men are frugal

So why can't I (who's definitely NOT wealthy) be frugal? :)

Since we have been exceeding our budget for dine-outs and shopping lately, I knew I have to go back to couponing for grocery shopping to balance it out (We've been debt-free since we got here!). And the only place I could do that out here is the tiny commissary on base. They have a limited variety of products that our household actually uses, so having the coupons stretch to 6 more months beyond the expiration date somehow helps me save more. Just today as I was sorting out my latest bag of coupons I found a BOGO deal for the shampoo that we like. That is just really rare because most of the time we get only a $1 off for TWO products. So, I'm really really excited to do the groceries today! I'll update later on how much I save today.

*update* I saved over $8 for a $40 worth of groceries! I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment